Adulting: When Life Throws Hangers at Your Face—Duck and Dive with a Smile! | Random Ramblings By Tina Martin


 If you battled with the snooze button and won, if you made it out the door into the world… I’m proud of you and I believe in you. I hope you seize every opportunity today brings, but if you’re not up to it or just not ready… Duck! Let those chances land on someone else!

I don’t know about all of you, but this week has been crazy for me! Adulting hit me hard! This morning was the icing on the cake — I ended up with a black eye when a hanger popped back and hit me right before I walked out the door! I just laughed, shook my head, and went on my way anyway! I won! I hope you did too!


 

I’m not sure if something is in the air or if I’m just stuck in “ping pong mode,” but there’s definitely craziness afoot today! Channel your inner Dodgeball champion—duck and cover, bob and weave… whatever strategy you think will work best! Stay safe out there!

 

Yesterday was a busy day… for my mind. I try to find ways to calm the constant noise in my head. The older I get, the louder my thoughts seem to become. I might just start talking back… but not in a rational adult way! No way! I’m thinking of responding like an angry five-year-old in new boots! “You are not the boss of me!” (as I stomp my feet) “I’m not listening! I’m not listening!” (while spinning around and covering my ears).

 

Now that you have that mental image, the point of my rambling is simply this: We often get in our own way by taking ourselves too seriously. Sometimes, all you really need is a tantrum and a time-out!


- Tina Martin


Check Out:


The Joy of Just Being: Embrace Life's Moments and Keep Moving Forward | Random Ramblings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Up, Up, and Away: Dive into the Enchanting World of the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta!

Uncovering the Untold Stories: Key Moments in October That Shaped the American Southwest

Why Jefferson Stands Out as East Texas' Most Charming Small Town!

Rediscovering Smith's Landing: The Story of Louisiana's First Train Station and Its Legacy

California Through My Lens - Sunset Over Route 66 - Cajon Pass

Savoring the Southwest: Monroe's Legendary Dishes That Keep You Coming Back for More!

Dames, Detectives, and Superheroes: How 'Spider-Noir' Redefines Classic Noir for a New Generation!

From Dusk Till Dawn: Elevate Your Grand Canyon Experience with the Night Skies Package!

Rediscovering Lecompte: Vintage Photos and Memories from Central Louisiana’s Past!