A Brief Stopover At The Southern California Railway Museum


Photos and Story by Ken Hulsey

 I have to admit that one of my favorite places to explore is the grounds of the Southern California Railroad Museum (at the time these photos were taken, it was known as the Orange Empire Railroad Museum). Several years ago I was traveling through Perris, so I decided to take a break wandering around the grounds. Time limitations didn't allow for much wandering, so I just poked around the southern end of the property.

There was a group of old switch engines parked on a siding just outside the museum's workshops. I can only assume that they were waiting their turn to be restored. Just beyond the locomotive, there was a line of vintage passenger cars along with a Santa Fe caboose.

As a railfan and photographer, I took full advantage of the opportunity to capture these vintage examples of railroad equipment for posterity.










Map:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Up, Up, and Away: Dive into the Enchanting World of the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta!

Rediscovering Lecompte: Vintage Photos and Memories from Central Louisiana’s Past!

California Through My Lens - Sunset Over Route 66 - Cajon Pass

Toys By Roy - Winrock Center Mall - Albuquerque, New Mexico - A Trip Down Memory Lane

Beyond the Showdowns: The Untold Truth About Gunfights in the Old West | Ken Hulsey

Spanish Explorers Discover San Diego Bay, A Broadcasting Milestone in South Texas, and a little Tutti Fruitti - Discover the History of the Southwest Y'all!