The Joy of Just Being: Embrace Life's Moments and Keep Moving Forward | Random Ramblings


This morning, I had a wonderful chat with the preacher. Honestly, it felt like we were the only two in the room, even though I'm pretty sure everyone else was eavesdropping! You know, those moments that feel personal? I definitely pay attention then! Excuses are like invisible walls; they create distance, and distance leads to all sorts of wreckage—be it physical, emotional, financial, or even self-destructive. The antidote to that? Family connections! Lean into your relationship with God the Father and your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Sure, isolation might feel cozy at first, but it only adds to that distance. Remember what John 14:6 says, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.” 

For days, I’ve been trying to articulate what’s been on my mind. I’d type something up, then delete it, and just move on with my day. But today, it hit me: whether you think anyone’s listening or even cares, what's important is to just keep moving forward. Don’t let yourself get stuck! Moving ahead is the greatest gift you can give yourself. So, indulge a little! Eat that ice cream, treat yourself to those shoes, plan that trip, dance in the rain, and laugh just because it feels good! Make yourself a priority. 

You know that feeling when you realize you’ve been going about things all wrong? It stings a bit, but that’s completely normal! I learned today that isolation is basically the devil’s playground—making it all too easy for you to be trapped. If you’ve ever watched a classic 80’s horror flick, you know exactly what I mean! So, don’t trip—regroup, reset, and keep that forward momentum going. 

Always remember that you bring something truly special into this world! Your presence matters, and it’s important! Oh, and here's a little bonus tip: if your hands are chilly, try sitting on them. If you're like me, that whole “be still and be quiet” thing becomes a lot easier that way. 

Take a moment to enjoy your day—truly delight in it! Have you ever noticed how everything seems to run out at once? Bath soap, laundry detergent, deodorant, bathroom cleaner… and even patience and energy? It’s like a cosmic joke! So go ahead, do that pick-up order or whatever it is you need. Just buckle down, reboot, restock, recharge, and keep being a delight to everyone around you!

- Tina Martin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

California Through My Lens - Sunset Over Route 66 - Cajon Pass

Discovering Pioneertown: A Hidden Wild West Gem in the California Desert

A Nostalgic Journey Down Route 66 - From F Troop to Forgotten: The Rise and Fall of Fort Courage | Ken Hulsey

Savoring the Southwest: Monroe's Legendary Dishes That Keep You Coming Back for More!

Ray's Drive In: A Lufkin Favorite You Can't Miss

Beyond the Showdowns: The Untold Truth About Gunfights in the Old West | Ken Hulsey

Rediscovering Smith's Landing: The Story of Louisiana's First Train Station and Its Legacy

Expecting the Extraordinary: How Prayer Opens Doors to Divine Transformation