Nature's Palette: The Breathtaking Colors of a Red River Sunset in Alexandria


Photos and Story by Ken Hulsey

I've actually had these photos in the queue for over a month now. I took these during the Rock the Red celebration on July 4th. Naturally, I posted the pictures of the fireworks but neglected to feature any other images from the event.


GreatCitees Alexandria Louisiana T-Shirt - $16.99 @ Amazon.com

It was actually a very pleasant evening on the Red River, which was a very welcome surprise. It has been an unusually dry summer here in central Louisiana, and it has provided many opportunities to actually venture outside without the fear of turning into a giant ball of perspiration.  

Before the fireworks began, fellow photographer Josh Poe and I left our families on the river's edge. I ventured back to the Gillis W. Long Bridge, where we had a great vantage point for photographing the sun setting over the river. The sky was filled with clouds from an approaching storm, and the sun behind them turned every shade of red, orange, yellow, and in some instances, purple. It was absolutely beautiful. 

After taking numerous shots, we returned to the shore of the Red River and joined our families just in time to enjoy the fireworks show. Overall, it was a truly magical evening that I hope you can enjoy vicariously through my photos.
 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Up, Up, and Away: Dive into the Enchanting World of the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta!

Rediscovering Lecompte: Vintage Photos and Memories from Central Louisiana’s Past!

Uncovering the Untold Stories: Key Moments in October That Shaped the American Southwest

California Through My Lens - Sunset Over Route 66 - Cajon Pass

Spanish Explorers Discover San Diego Bay, A Broadcasting Milestone in South Texas, and a little Tutti Fruitti - Discover the History of the Southwest Y'all!

Savoring the Southwest: Monroe's Legendary Dishes That Keep You Coming Back for More!

Dames, Detectives, and Superheroes: How 'Spider-Noir' Redefines Classic Noir for a New Generation!

Rediscovering Smith's Landing: The Story of Louisiana's First Train Station and Its Legacy