Unlock True Peace: Trust in God, Find Rest, and Embrace Your Desires Wisely
Biblical Trust
The Bible teaches us not to trust in man. Why? People will disappoint you; they will let you down. But God will never disappoint or let you down. Jeremiah 17:5 — This is what the Lord says: “Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans, who rely on human strength and turn their hearts away from the Lord.” So, we are not to put our trust in people, but in God. Now we do trust people. We have to, at times — trust people will keep their word, do what they say. But we shouldn’t put our trust in them to the point we lose our faith and our trust in God. That’s what happens to so many. Someone will let them down, and then they get mad at God. That’s what the Bible is teaching. Yes, if people have proven themselves trustworthy, great. But eventually people will let you down, even when they don’t mean to. - Pastor Steve Smothermon
Desire
I desire to have a better home, car, marriage, etc. I’m not going to be obsessed, but I am going to put forth the effort I can. But if I start preoccupying myself and I become dependent on it – it’s then gotten out of hand, and I need to back off and depend on God, not myself. - Pastor James W. Greer
Rest
“I’m so tired, and I need to rest”. That’s a statement we usually say when we have reached a point of fatigue and mental and physical exhaustion. Considering all that has taken place throughout the last year and a half. we have all found ourselves mentally and physically exhausted with the weight and pressures of life. The good news is that God can refresh us and provide us with His rest. We need to understand that God’s rest doesn’t mean we are just chilling by a pool having a good time. Please know that there is nothing wrong with relaxing by a pool and having a good time, especially when dealing with the heat of summer. In fact, one of the Ten Commandments is to keep the Sabbath, a day of rest. So please take time once a week to have fun and relax. However, the rest described in this scripture is not about relaxation or leisure. It is about the rewards that come once we have completed the works we are assigned (Hebrews 4:9–10). Just as God rested after creating the heavens and the earth, we will find rest when we obey and complete what God has asked of us. Just like those times you couldn’t rest until you finished the task you had at home or work. In the same way as followers of Jesus, we ought to make every effort to obey God and follow His Word to complete His will and purposes for our lives. - Pastor John C. Martin
Check Out: Your Life is the Loudest Message: Are You Tuning In to Your Own Vibes? | Random Ramblings
Unlock Hope When You Feel Lost and Broken | Soulful Insights | Miracle Mindset | Ken Hulsey

Comments
Post a Comment