Random Ramblings: From Silent Suffering to Sassy Support: How to Find Your Words Without Losing Your Mind!
Written by Tina Martin


I have something really important to tell you today……. You are still here. You have a purpose. You are an amazing human capable of amazing things. Proceed accordingly.
Soooo……this morning I saw an interview with PINK. They asked her about her parenting style/advice/lessons she practices with her children. She talked about individuality and feelings, but she ended it with… “and just don’t be an a$$hole.” Now…… I’m not on this APP to debate music, politics, or theology with anybody, but... that’s good advice for everyone. You can sugarcoat it, dilute it, or dial it down anyway you want, but please ……. Spread that. Teach that. Live that.
Y'all…… this week had bite to it!!!
I hope you made moderately good choices, helped others when you could, and were smart enough to know when you couldn’t, so you got out of the way.
It may look cloudy, gloomy, or stormy from where you are standing. Turn around, hang upside down, or just go stand behind someone else. See what they see….Sometimes all you need is a new perspective.
I’d like to build the world a home and furnish it with love. Grow apple trees and honey bees and snow white turtle doves. I’d like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony, hold it in my arms and keep it company. I’d like to see the world for once all standing hand in hand and hear them echo through the hills for peace throughout the land…….

If you are now thinking about a hilltop choir and a glass bottle of Coca - Cola …… How you feeling today, darlin'? Are your back/knees ok? You get enough sleep?? If you don’t know….
“When there are many words, transgression and offense are unavoidable, but he who controls his lips and keeps thoughtful silence is wise.” I heard that verse this morning and just nodded in agreement. Generation X (that’s me and my friends) has a hard time finding the happy medium between “many words” & “thoughtful silence”. Truth is... most of us don’t know what true silence is; our thoughts don’t stop until we sleep, and most of us get very little sleep. We have spent so much time, energy, and unhealthy coping mechanisms trying to keep them quiet because Suck it up, buttercup!” is just how we function. In the good ol’ 90s, nobody used words like “validating feelings” or “safe spaces” or “trauma bonding” or “trigger words”; mental health was a foreign concept. Thank God we know better now. We really need to help each other find the right words. If peeling back the pleasant wrapping and talking about the ugly dark things that go bump in the night will help a friend find their voice, find their words... be brave. Be bold. Find your words… start with “ I see you.” “I see your struggle.” This is really important because “coulda, shoulda, woulda” is a horrible graveside conversation.
So I have a question…… Not a test. Not a game. Not a tag ur it. Just a question…….. What do you want people to feel/think/notice when they walk into your home?
I want people to exhale. Relax. Be themselves and feel perfectly accepted doing it. Our house is not spotless; it’s not dirty, it’s lived in. It’s not aesthetically pleasing. It’s a mix of old and new and family. It needs some work, but It is my happy place.
Riddle me this, Batman…….What is it that nobody ever buys a ticket for, yet eventually we all ride??? !!!!The Struggle Bus
!!!! Two things to remember about a bus…..A) It makes stops. You can get off. 2) You are not alone!!! Otherwise, they would call it a cart or a seat or a swing!!! Just hold on; your stop may be right around the corner!!!
I hope you have an excellent Monday!!! I hope you feel heard. I hope you feel seen. I hope you feel important. I hope you feel appreciated!

Comments
Post a Comment