Multiply Forgiveness - Pastor Steven Roberts | Journey Church
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
In our Christian journey, forgiveness is essential. We must continually extend forgiveness to others. To receive God's forgiveness, we must also forgive those who wrong us. Holding on to unforgiveness will only breed more unforgiveness. Forgiveness isn't about keeping track, it's about letting go. Avoid harboring unforgiveness in your heart.
Pastor Steven Roberts from Journey Church delivers a powerful message on the importance of multiplying forgiveness in our lives. He reminds us that as followers of Christ, extending forgiveness to others is absolutely essential to our spiritual growth and well-being. Holding onto bitterness and resentment only poisons our own hearts and hinders our relationship with God. Pastor Roberts encourages us to let go of any unforgiveness we may be harboring, no matter how justified we may feel in our anger or hurt. Forgiveness is not about keeping a tally of wrongs or trying to even the score - it's about choosing to release others from the debt we feel they owe us. As we forgive, we open the door for God's forgiveness and blessings to flow more freely in our own lives. Unforgiveness is like a prison that keeps us stuck in pain, but forgiveness sets us free. So don't allow unforgiveness to take root in your heart. Choose to forgive generously and continually, remembering how much we have been forgiven by God. As we sow seeds of gracious forgiveness, we will reap a harvest of peace, healing, and restoration in our relationships and in our own souls. Embrace the power of multiplied forgiveness and watch how God transforms your life.
Photos and Story By Ken Hulsey Last week, I stayed overnight in Shreveport for an early-morning meeting in Bossier City. After the meeting, I visited one of my favorite places in Shreveport, Riverview Park, along the majestic Red River. The weather was pleasantly cool for a change, with a lovely layer of fog hanging in the air, so I thought it would be a great opportunity to stretch my legs and take some photos of the area.
Written By Ken Hulsey With Halloween quickly approaching, I wanted to share a little ghost story from my past. Back in the 1980s, I lived in Albuquerque, in a subdivision known as Heritage Hills. When my family moved in during the late 1970s, this area was brand new. In fact, these were the only homes located on the furthest north side of the city. Beyond our subdivision, there was nothing but open desert, with dirt roads and a few scattered structures. This area remained undeveloped for quite some time.
Experience the 41st Annual Natchez Balloon Festival: A Celebration of Music, Family, and Adventure Information from the Natchez Balloon Festival - Photos by Ken Hulsey. The Natchez Balloon Festival is back for its 41st year, bringing excitement and entertainment to Natchez, Mississippi, on October 16-17, 2026. Set against the stunning backdrop of Rosalie Mansion's high bluffs overlooking the Mississippi River, this festival has become a staple in the community, attracting visitors from near and far.
Photos and Story by Ken Hulsey. I've been busy over the last couple of weeks taking random photos with my phone. I believe that I have been able to capture some beautiful and peaceful landscapes here in central Louisiana. The first of my photos were taken at sunrise at the England Air Park in Alexandria.
Written By Ken Hulsey. Over the past few years, I have become a fanatic for creating Spotify playlists. I love to assemble them, break them apart, and rebuild them. My approach to music playlists is similar to George Lucas's philosophy about his movies. He once mentioned that movies are never truly finished, only abandoned. While I’m paraphrasing, I definitely share that mindset. There may not be such a thing as a perfect playlist, but I keep striving to create one.
Today, I want to share the story of the first railroad built in central Louisiana. Known as the Red River Railroad , or sometimes the Ralph Smith Smith Railroad , this was the very first railroad constructed west of the Mississippi River. It was a simple and roughly built line that transported cotton and other goods that were brought in by barges on Bayou Boeuf . The place where this railroad began is called Smith’s Landing , and the remaining building in the town of Lecompte is recognized as the first train station built west of the Mississippi. The tracks ran from Lecompte to the banks of the Red River in Alexandria , but much of this route has been lost to time. During the Civil War , Union soldiers tore up the tracks to create a levee, and because of that, we don’t know exactly where the railroad used to go. Interestingly, when crews were constructing the old Jefferson Highway that runs between Lecompte and Alexandria, they found some remnants of the Red River Railroad, whi...
If you have any doubts that it is indeed Fall in Southern Louisiana, a trip to Fresh Pickin's Produce Market in Lafayette will clue you in to the seasonal change. Though the temperatures are just starting to cool down and the leaves are still mostly green, this fruit and vegetable stand (that's what we used to call a place like this in the good old days) is full of Fall colors. The oranges of pumpkins and the reds. yellows and browns of gourds and Indian corn delight the visual spectrum.
I, like many others, first became fascinated with the infamous "Fouke Monster" in the 1970s when the film "The Legend of Boggy Creek" was released in theaters and drive-ins across the country. Although I didn't see the movie until it aired as a Saturday afternoon feature on a local TV station in the 1980s, the original trailer had a lasting impact on my young and impressionable mind—it scared the crap out of me. A big, hairy creature reaching through windows to grab young girls (the Fouke Monster doesn't hold a candle to King Kong), girls screaming, guns firing, people chasing the monster, the monster chasing people-all set in what looked like the creepiest place on Earth: Boggy Creek. I hid under my bed until I was ten!
Written By: Ken Hulsey As a child growing up in Albuquerque, New Mexico, I heard the haunting tale of the Ditch Witch, also known as La Llorona or The Weeping Woman, recounted around campfires and during sleepovers countless times. While the details varied, the core narrative remained the same - a young mother who, scorned by her lover, tragically drowned her own children. Now eternally cursed, the woman's spirit wanders the banks of the Rio Grande, forever lamenting and searching for her lost offspring.
New Discoveries in Tyrannosaur Evolution: A Giant Leg Bone Unearthed in New Mexico The world of paleontology has been shaken by the recent discovery of an enormous tyrannosaur leg bone in the fossil-rich Kirtland Formation of northwestern New Mexico. This shinbone, measuring three feet long, suggests the existence of an unusually large member of the tyrannosaur family, a group that includes the iconic Tyrannosaurus rex. Documented in a study published in the journal Scientific Reports, this finding provides new insights into the history and evolution of these magnificent creatures.
Comments
Post a Comment