A Tale of Two Hearts - Pastor Leanne Matthesius | Awaken Church
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
One can have a heart towards Godly leadership, and another could have a heart of worldly leadership. In this insightful message, Ps. Leanne helps us decipher between the two leadership styles.
In her powerful and thought-provoking message, Pastor Leanne Matthesius of Awaken Church dives deep into the concept of "A Tale of Two Hearts" - the stark contrast between a heart inclined towards Godly leadership versus one pulled by the allure of worldly leadership. With wisdom and insight, she illuminates the key differences that set these two leadership styles apart. A leader with a heart for God seeks to serve with humility, compassion, and a steadfast commitment to biblical principles. They lead by example, putting the needs of others before their own and striving to emulate the servant leadership modeled by Jesus Christ himself. In contrast, a worldly leader may be driven by selfish ambition, pride, and a hunger for power and recognition. Through vivid illustrations and scriptural truths, Pastor Leanne guides us in discerning between these two divergent paths, urging us to examine our own hearts and motives. She inspires us to cultivate a heart that beats in sync with God's will, one that seeks to lead with integrity, grace, and a unwavering dedication to building His kingdom rather than our own. As we navigate the challenges and responsibilities of leadership, may we be ever mindful of the tale of two hearts, and may we choose daily to align our own with the heart of the ultimate servant leader - our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
An old abandoned truck sits rusting away in the weeds in Ferriday. Photos and Story by Ken Hulsry Over the past few months, I have been taking a ton of photographs as I travel all over Louisiana. I have been wanting to share these images for some time, but I just couldn't make up my mind on just which ones I wanted to do individual posts about. As I perused all the images that I amassed, it became clear that it would be way to time consuming to share them this way. Instead, I took the time to weed through them and pick out the ones that really spoke to me and conveyed what I believe to be the essence of what summertime here in Louisiana really looks like.
Written by Ken Hulsey Yesterday, while driving home from work, Randy Newman's 1983 hit "I Love L.A." came up on my Spotify playlist. As I listened to the lyrics, I was hit by an overwhelming sense of nostalgia. It's amazing how music can transport us back to the time when we first heard a song. These moments become part of our collective memory and carry a sentimental significance that evokes cherished feelings and memories.
Photos and Story by Ken Hulsey This past week I was granted special permission to photograph the Ouachita Railroad facilities in El Dorado, Arkansas . The Ouachita is a small railroad that switches cars from a chemical plant south of town and exchanges them with the Union Pacific . The railroad used to operate over former Rock Island Railroad trackage into northern Louisiana through the nearby town of Junction City. In fact, the facilities that the Ouachita now occupy once belonged to the Rock Island.
Photos and Story by Ken Hulsey Have you ever been leisurely driving down a remote highway when all of a sudden you spot something so unusual that you immediately stop and make a U-turn to try and figure out exactly what you thought you saw?
Written By Ken Hulsey Have you ever felt like the universe is trying to send you a message? For me, it’s been all about Del Taco over the past three days. It all started when my wife was reminiscing about Taco Tuesdays, where you could snag three tasty tacos for just $1.49 (I still remember when it was only 99 cents!). Then, yesterday, I was listening to a radio station from Albuquerque, KDRF 103.3 eD FM, and I heard a commercial bragging about how Del Taco now has twenty items for under $2. Crazy, right?
Photos and Story By Ken Hulsey Back in 2012, the San Bernardino Railroad Days in San Bernardino, California, featured a true star of railroading: the ex-Santa Fe "Northern" locomotive #3751. The event attracted a lively crowd of railroad enthusiasts and photographers who eagerly lined the tracks in front of the beautifully preserved vintage passenger depot, all hoping to capture a glimpse of this remarkable piece of living history. As expected, this proud locomotive of the Santa Fe steamed down the Metrolink tracks from her home in Los Angeles, presenting an impressive sight for all to behold.
The quest for the greatest hamburger in the United States has been a subject of endless debate for decades. Truck drivers and culinary experts alike have weighed in with their personal favorites, ranging from humble mom-and-pop diners to massive fast-food chains. The reasons behind these preferences are scrutinized in minute detail, from the quality of the beef to the type of condiments used. Countless hungry patrons have sung the praises of an exceptional burger.
The gunfight is a staple of every Western television show, movie, and pulp novel. If you watched classic TV series like The Rifleman, Gunsmoke, and Wagon Train, you know it was the climactic scene in nearly every episode. The narratives of these popular shows and films, featuring legends such as John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, and Clint Eastwood, portray the Old West as being filled with hired guns, trigger-happy outlaws seeking revenge, and fighters looking for a brawl. It creates tension, doesn't it? Picture a showdown in a deserted street, guns blazing as two men face off in a winner-takes-all battle to the death. The fastest draw usually emerges victorious, that being most often the town marshal or the good-looking hero of the story.
Written By: Ken Hulsey The film “Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet” may be the most interesting science fiction film to be produced in the 1960s’. Although the film in itself is very well done and features some excellent special effects shots, it’s the film's origin and two different Americanized versions that may be of most interest to fans of this genre. You see, the film was not an American product, but a film made in the former Soviet Union. Although scenes that starred Basil Rathbone and Faith Domergue, filmed by Roger Corman, were inserted into the film for American viewers, the film is still basically “Planeta Bur” (Planet of Storms – 1962) in most respects. In this version, almost all Soviet references were removed from both the film and its credits, although it was hard not to notice the Russian insignias on all the spacecraft. American International must have been very nervous about releasing a Soviet sci-fi film during the middle of the “Cold War.”
Photos and Story by Ken Hulsey I've actually had these photos in the queue for over a month now. I took these during the Rock the Red celebration on July 4th. Naturally, I posted the pictures of the fireworks but neglected to feature any other images from the event.
Comments
Post a Comment