Leadership Lifters: How to Gain Influence (Part 1) - James W. Greer


 
An influencer has:

I – Integrity with people.

Once trust is betrayed, moving to the top of the ladder is out of the question.
A crisis reveals the character.
It is always easy to do right when you know ahead of time what you stand for.

N – Nurtures people.

Nurturing people does not mean needing people.
Nurturing people does mean lifting people to a higher level.
Nurturing peoples does mean loving people.
Nurturing people does mean commitment to people.

F – Faith in people.

Assets make things possible and people make things happen.
If you’re doing things right on the outside, but you’re not getting the results, it’s because there’s something wrong on the inside.

3 feelings that we cannot possess:
Fear.
Dislike.
Contempt.

L – Listens to people.

Quiz – Are you a good listener?

Do I allow the speaker to finish without interrupting?
Do I listen between the lines for the subtext?
Do I actively try to retain important facts?
When writing a message, do I listen for and set down the key facts and phrases?
Do I repeat the details of the interview to the subject in order to get everything right?
Do I avoid getting hostile or agitated when I disagree with the speaker?
Do I tune out distractions when listening? Am I a distraction?
Do I make an effort to seem interested in what the other person is saying?

From Pastor James W. Greer

Journey Church
2900 Donahue Ferry Rd, Pineville, LA 71360
Phone (318) 640-1273
Website https://jcpineville.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

California Through My Lens - Sunset Over Route 66 - Cajon Pass

Rediscovering Lecompte: Vintage Photos and Memories from Central Louisiana’s Past!

Toys By Roy - Winrock Center Mall - Albuquerque, New Mexico - A Trip Down Memory Lane

Beyond the Showdowns: The Untold Truth About Gunfights in the Old West | Ken Hulsey

Discovering Pioneertown: A Hidden Wild West Gem in the California Desert

Railroad Relics: Exploring the Nostalgic Remains of a Once-Bustling Depot in Louisiana

Don't Miss 'The Last Dance': A Grand Celebration of Indigenous Culture at the Gathering of Nations Powwow in Albuquerque!