Jose Tequila's in Marshall, Texas - The Best Darn Mexican Food I've Had in a Long Time!


 Written By Ken Hulsey

Yesterday, I traveled back to the eastern Texas town of Marshall around dinner time. Whenever I visit Texas, I always try to enjoy some Mexican food because it's generally much better than what I get back home in Louisiana. Since I wasn't familiar with the area, I turned to Google to look for nearby restaurants and check their reviews. I found one that looked great and had excellent ratings, so I entered the coordinates and headed over.

Unfortunately, when I arrived at that restaurant, it was closed, and several homeless people were hanging around outside. Not the best start to my culinary adventure in Marshall! I quickly returned to Google and decided to go with my second choice, Jose Tequilas.

Upon arrival, I was greeted by a very friendly young hostess who led me to a booth with a beautifully painted table and benches. There was Mariachi music playing, and the ambiance was just what I was looking for. It reminded me of the Mexican food places I used to enjoy in California. Next, I was attended to by an equally charming young waitress, who brought me complimentary chips and salsa while I browsed the menu for my main course.

If you've read my previous reviews of Mexican restaurants, you know my number one rule: if the salsa is good, then the meal will likely be good, and if it's bland, well, you know how that goes. I tried the salsa, and it was just okay—kind of bland. I feared I might have made a poor choice. On a whim, I asked my waitress if they had any "hotter" salsa. With a delightful grin, she replied, "Oh yeah," winked at me, and quickly went back to the kitchen. 

She returned with what I can only describe as salsa that had been beamed down from heaven. It was flavorful and had just the right amount of kick. I was in Nirvana! I had to restrain myself from gobbling it all down and licking the bowl clean (it would have been quite a sight) before my meal even arrived.

I ordered a basic combo plate consisting of a taco, tamale, cheese enchilada, rice, and refried beans. I wanted to keep it simple for my first visit. I must say, the food was delicious. I poured that hot and spicy salsa over my meal, elevating the flavor to an amazing level. I savored every bite! I then proceeded to finish off the remaining chips and salsa (I know, it was a bit piggish, but I couldn’t help myself) before my charming waitress could even bring me the check. 

Naturally, I had to get a takeout order of the chips and salsa. I will definitely be pouring that sauce over my Mexican food for the next month! The bottom line is, I can't recommend Jose Tequilas enough. If you find yourself in this part of Texas, you simply have to try this place out!

Jose Tequilas - 1205 E End Blvd S, Marshall, TX 75670



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Spectral Truck and Driver Who Terrorized the Albuquerque Desert! | A True New Mexico Ghost Story

Discover the Ultimate 80s Playlist That Will Take You Back in Time!

Experience Serenity and Scenic Beauty at Riverview Park: A Hidden Gem in Shreveport!

Rediscovering Smith's Landing: The Story of Louisiana's First Train Station and Its Legacy

Retro Cartoon Rewind | Classic 70s Saturday Morning | Part 1

Unraveling the Mystery of the Ditch Witch: The Terrifying Tale of Love, Loss, and the Unsolved Disappearance in Albuquerque

Prayer Is An Inspiring Conversation!

Fleet of Flying Saucers? The Startling UFO Encounters Over the Nation’s Capital

Unearthing History: The Remarkable Journey of Locomotive #202 from Logging Workhorse to Hidden Treasure